Sat 23 Sep
Level of event:
Type of event:
Park, residential streets & fields in the heart of Taunton.
Hare (1.2km), Squirrel (1.9km) and Badger (2.1km) are regular pin punching courses. Fox is a mix of regular pin punching and, for the urban parts, no physical controls but an easy question about something visible at the control location (e.g. How much does two hours parking cost?). As the Fox is part urban, under 16s must be supervised by an adult.
Pre Event Info
JOG Autumn 2023 Series Info
Our Junior Orienteering Group (JOG) runs during term times holding low-key weekly events aimed at juniors, families, and all those looking to improve or train. Newcomers are always welcome.
Non-members are very welcome. If you like it and want to join, read about joining QO here.
Junior Orienteering Group (JOG) Fixtures - Autumn 2023
Series organisers: Judy & Roger Craddock 01823 323850 firstname.lastname@example.org
If using GPS or QR Punching
- To load the course of your choice into MapRun, tap on 'Select Event' then go to "UK - Somerset - JOG - Autumn 2023 - event name" and choose the one you want.
- Then tap on 'Go to Start'.
- The PIN is printed on the map.
- Full guide here.
Code of Conduct
Please make sure you have read and comply with the Participant Code Of Conduct and Parent Code Of Conduct.
Directions / Parking
Parking in the Fons George Car park (a pay and display council car park - so charges apply). Vivary Park is also accessible by foot, public transport and has bicycle parking.
We cater from beginners through to a good club standard. We call the courses Hare, Squirrel, Badger, and Fox and these offer a clear progression in the difficulty level. The Fox course usually incorporates adult training exercises.
Hare to Badger usually uses PIN punching, and sometimes also the option of QR code punching using your smartphone. The latter has the training benefit of the GPS tracks automatically being added to Routegadget for post-run analysis. Fox is sometimes PIN/QR punching and sometimes GPS punching. The latter is also automatically uploaded to Routegadget.
- Entry - £2 per person pre-entered or £3 per person on the day
- Dibber hire - Free (but if lost you would be liable for the replacement cost of £30)
Please consider buying a pack of pre-entry credits in advance. This costs you the same but saves the club a lot in credit card fees.
Registration & Start Times
Starts at 1.30pm with controls being collected in from 3.30pm (No starts after 3pm)
Dogs allowed on lead.
The nearest toilets are 500m away, at the Coffee Station Cafe.
- 23/08/23 - Pre-entry link added
- 18/08/23 - Additional course information from the planner
- 17/08/23 - Change of dates due to clash with Taunton Pride and added details from event form submission
- 30/06/23 - Initial website listing
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Tom Hasler
Controlller: Sarah Hasler
Organiser: Sue & Ray Toomer