JOG using MapRun Series Info
Our Junior Orienteering Group (JOG) runs during term-times holding low-key weekly events aimed at juniors, families and all those looking to improve or to train.
JOG Fixtures Autumn 2020
This week's event is using the MapRunF app. Download the app from your appstore (links at http://maprunners.weebly.com).
Series organisers: Judy & Roger Craddock 01823 323850 firstname.lastname@example.org
It is easiest to print your own map. See our map printing guidance for best results.
- Do not go if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands throughly before going out.
- Park carefully, avoiding getting too close to others.
- Please leave at least 2m between yourself and others not in your household. Remember that when running, you could be spreading virus further than when standing still, particularly in your wake.
- If someone is already at a control, wait. If you cannot get close enough for the control to register, let us know by email and we can review your track manually.
- Overtake carefully. Perhaps wait for wide grassed areas instead of trying to do it on a narrow path.
- Be respectful to other users of the area.
- Wash your hands as soon as possible afterwards.
Code of Conduct
Please make sure you have read and comply with the Participant Code Of Conduct and Parent Code Of Conduct.
If you can't see the details and entry form below, click 'more' to toggle the Pre Event Info section.
Directions / Parking
Parking is just inside the main school gate, turn left and then right into the car park.
We cater from beginners through to a good club standard. We call the courses Hare, Squirrel, Badger and Fox and these offer a clear progression in the difficulty level. The Fox course incorporates adult training exercises.
JOG courses explained
To load the course of your choice into MapRun, tap on 'Select Event' then go to "UK - Somerset - JOG - Autumn 2020 - event name" and choose the one you want.
Then tap on 'Go to Start'.
The PIN is printed on the map.
Fill in the entry form to get the link to the map download folder - make sure you right click and open in a new tab. The maps will appear in the folder shortly before the event - if they aren't there yet please bookmark the link.
Due to the limit on numbers per start window to maintain social distancing, you will have to fill in a form for every participant, not just one per family.
NB: You may have to scroll back up after filling in the form to see the link.
Registration & Start Times
Unlike most JOGs this series, this event is only open on the Monday. First start 0900 and last start 1630. Due to the compressed nature of this, we are restricting it to only 6 people allowed for each 15 minute block of starts in order to maintain social distancing. We are also required by the school to give them a list of all entries by 23 October.
Contacts / Officials
Planners : Rachel & Andy Bussell