Sat 15 Jan
Level of event:
Type of event:
The new term's JOG series kicked off with an event that had been postponed several times due to lockdowns.
We had 47 participants, including a good number new to orienteering.
Pre Event Info
JOG Spring 2022 Series Info
Our Junior Orienteering Group (JOG) runs during term-times holding low-key weekly events aimed at juniors, families and all those looking to improve or to train. Newcomers are always welcome.
Information on the full series for this term is at JOG Spring 2022.
Non-members are very welcome. If you like it and want to join, read about joining QO here.
Series organisers: Judy & Roger Craddock 01823 323850 email@example.com
If using GPS or QR Punching
- See our map printing guidance for best results printing your own map.
- To load the course of your choice into MapRun, tap on 'Select Event' then go to "UK - Somerset - JOG - Spring 2022 - event name" and choose the one you want.
- Then tap on 'Go to Start'.
- The PIN is printed on the map.
- Full guide here.
- For those taking part on the Sunday, you will receive an email with the map link shortly after 1630 on the Saturday.
Code of Conduct
Please make sure you have read and comply with the Participant Code Of Conduct and Parent Code Of Conduct.
We cater from beginners through to a good club standard. We call the courses Hare, Squirrel, Badger and Fox and these offer a clear progression in the difficulty level. The Fox course incorporates adult training exercises.
Hare to Badger usually have the choice between PIN punching and QR code punching using your smartphone. The latter has the training benefit of the GPS track automatically being added to Routegadget for post-run analysis. Fox is GPS punching and us also automatically uploaded to Routegadget.
- Entry - £1 per person
- Dibber hire - Free (but if lost you would be liable for the replacement cost of £30)
Please consider buying a pack of pre-entry credits in advance. This costs you the same but saves the club a lot in credit card fees.
Registration & Start Times
Saturday 1400-1500: pre-enter by 14 January or enter at the event
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Graham Hartley
Controller: Rose Wych
Organisers: J & R Craddock