An area used for an event in February 2022 and now available as a permanent set of courses.
A new venture to help people make the most of the outdoors following lockdown.
- Orienteering is a workout for body and mind. It gets you out into the fresh air and takes you off the beaten track.
- Suitable for individuals or families, it is perfect as a socially-distanced activity.
What to Do
- First off, download the map. See the links below to get the one you want.
- Next, print it out (or if you don't have a printer, save it onto your 'phone). I'd recommend printing on waterproof paper or putting it into a polypocket.
- Familiarise yourself with the key - this is an open urban map so focuses on paths and roads.
- Get to the start. Directions to the parking are below, and once there, the starts are all on the steps to the left of the shops.
- Run/jog/walk your chosen course.
We currently have an historic trail available. We also expect to have three racing courses in due course.
Sited in the centre of Bridgwater, King Square is a lovely peaceful location.
Please park in one of the many shopping car parks around.
King Square, Bridgwater, TA6 3DH
- Do not go if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands throughly before going out.
- Park carefully, avoiding getting too close to others.
- Please leave at least 2m between yourself and others not in your household. Remember that when running, you could be spreading virus further than when standing still, particularly in your wake.
- If someone is already at a control, wait. You can pause your time if you want.
- Overtake carefully. Perhaps wait for wide grassed areas instead of trying to do it on a narrow path.
- Be respectful to other users who may be there for a gentle walk or sit down.
- Wash your hands as soon as possible afterwards.