Club championships & AGM
Late entries: contact Roger & Judy
If you'd still like to enter, please contact Roger and Judy Craddock at jandr.craddock@ googlemail.com ASAP. To all who have entered, see you on Saturday at the COACH Centre, Taunton- it's adjacent to the competition area and a great setting for the buffet meal & social, a talk and the club's AGM
You will need to be there at 10:30 for a mass start at 11:00 (see event page). If you didn't use the online entry service Fabian to enter, please tell us* you'll be coming instead so we can determine numbers to cater for. Prize giving for the Forest League and other competitions will also be done and there will be a special presentation by QO's resident kite surfer, Ray Toomer, “Orienteering with ski and kite”.
The Agenda for the AGM is published below and is printable along with the contents of this page. Alternatively, download a copy here.
* email email@example.com
- Thanks to Rosie Wych and to Richard Sansbury, the planner & organiser, for the information on this page.
Quantock Orienteers' Annual General Meeting
To be held at The COACH, French Weir, Sat 24 June
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the 2016 AGM, see note 1 below
- Matters arising from the 2016 AGM
- Chairman's report
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer’s report including:
- accounts for the year ended 31 May 2017
- membership fees for 2018
- Fixtures Secretary’s report
- Membership Secretary’s report
- Junior Orienteering Group Report
- Amendments to the constitution, see note 2 below.
- Elections, see note 3 below
- Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer
- at least four other committee members
- President (optional)
- Any other business, see note 4 below
- 6.3 Finance – Existing constitution “All cheques written against a Club account shall have two signatories; the Treasurer and one other elected officer or Committee member”. Change to “Cheques up to £200 require one permitted signatory, £200-£1000 two signatories. Larger amounts need committee agreement”.
ii. British Orienteering guidelines require that the following statements be included in all club constitutions (especially in relation to Safeguarding Children & At-risk Adults).
A. Quantock Orienteers agree to adopt the up to date British Orienteering Policies, Procedures, Rules and Regulations as published on the British Orienteering website.
B. All individuals involved in orienteering through QO, in any capacity, are deemed to have assented to and abide by and adhere to the British Orienteering Policies, Procedures, Rules and Regulations as published on the British Orienteering website.
C. Both QO and its members agree to abide by the final outcome of any disciplinary and appeal proceedings.
- Draft minutes of the 2016 AGM are on the website, or contact the Secretary for a copy.
- Proposed amendments to the Constitution must be received in writing by the Secretary no later than Friday 9th June and must be signed by two voting members.
- Nominees must be proposed and seconded by two voting members, who must previously have obtained their consent. Nominations may be made at the meeting, or previously in writing to the Secretary.
- Any member may raise any matter concerning club activities or policy for discussion.
- Every Individual member or two members from each family are entitled to vote.
Rosie Wych, Merlins, Fitzhead, Taunton, TA4 3JX, 01823 400744.