Orienteering: permanent course
We have some new courses in Wellington.
- Orienteering is a workout for body and mind. It gets you out into the fresh air and takes you off the beaten track.
- Suitable for individuals or families, it is perfect as a socially-distanced activity.
What to Do
- First off, download the map. See the links below to get the one you want.
- Next, print it out (or if you don't have a printer, save it onto your 'phone). I'd recommend printing on waterproof paper or putting it into a polypocket.
- Familiarise yourself with the key - if you've not used an orienteering map before, the hardest thing to get used to is woodland being white.
- Get to the start. Directions to the Wellington sports centre are below, and once there, the starts are all at the bike rack outside the sports centre.
- Run/jog/walk your chosen course.
We currently only have the Long Score course available, but others will follow...
Sited on the small town of Wellington, which is just off the M5.
Wellington Leisure Centre, Corams Lane, Wellington, TA21 8LL
- Do not go if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wash your hands throughly before going out.
- Park carefully, avoiding getting too close to others.
- Please leave at least 2m between yourself and others not in your household. Remember that when running, you could be spreading virus further than when standing still, particularly in your wake.
- If someone is already at a control, wait. You can pause your time if you want.
- Overtake carefully. Perhaps wait for wide grassed areas instead of trying to do it on a narrow path.
- Be respectful to other users who may be there for a gentle walk or sit down.
- Wash your hands as soon as possible afterwards.