for QOUAD mini-series 2019
An aide memoire for event nights.
Entries are open 5-7pm. Courses close at 8pm.
- Try to be at the assembly area 15 mins ahead of course opening time. Some form of illumination would be useful. Umbrella at the ready!
- Operate from car/van with registration slips, float (£40), maps, course codes, CD’s, smart phones (4 for hire), headlamps (4 for hire), and any previously supplied registration slips.
- On arrival, competitors should complete (or hand in) registration slips, unless supplied previously on-line. Ensuring they have mobile phone numbers of their smart phones and next-of-kin. Boards are useful to support form being completed.
- Collect fee. £5 for seniors, £2 for juniors (must be accompanied, unless student). Hire charges £1.
- Explain option of Long or Short course. Time allowed 50 min before penalties. Values of controls vary.
- Check smart phone (iOS or Android) and carrier (on arm)
- Check head lamp.
- MapRun app loaded
- Correct course loaded (MR UK-MR Quantock Orienteers-Spring series-Long/short course)
- supply appropriate code (4 digit) for course selected.
- GPS enabled and ‘ready to start’
-correct ‘timed out’ setting – preferably ‘never’
- Supply map and CDs (if required). Emergency phone number shown on map. Return by 8pm
- Check ‘Start’ registers and time counting down from 50min
- At end of run, check ‘Finish’ registers.
- Upload results and report to organiser (may be in pub!)
JOIN SOCIAL GATHERING TO COMPARE RESULTS AND MAKE COMPLAINTS!
Roger and Judy Craddock
20th February 2019