Longrun Meadows and French Weir Park
Sat 6 Nov
Level of event:
Type of event:
For this stand-in event, which replaces one where we could not get permissions, we are using some permanent courses.
Fox: SEGOL2020 Medium (no markers)
Badger: QR VPOC Orange (wooden posts)
Squirrel: QR VPOC Yellow (wooden posts)
Hare: a new course (normal kites)
JOG Autumn 2021 Series Info
Our Junior Orienteering Group (JOG) runs during term-times holding low-key weekly events aimed at juniors, families and all those looking to improve or to train. Newcomers are always welcome.
We have suffered from Forestry England raising its fees and treating juniors as adults in its charging structure. As this happened too late for us to fully replan the series, we have had to do our best to adapt. As a result, we are having to use a mixture of physical and GPS courses at different locations.
Information on the full series for this term is at JOG Autumn 2021.
Non-members are very welcome. If you like it and want to join, read about joining QO here.
Series organisers: Judy & Roger Craddock 01823 323850 firstname.lastname@example.org
If using GPS or QR Punching
- See our map printing guidance for best results printing your own map.
- To load the course of your choice into MapRun, tap on 'Select Event' then go to "UK - Somerset - JOG - Autumn 2021 - event name" and choose the one you want.
- Then tap on 'Go to Start'.
- The PIN is printed on the map.
- For those taking part on the Sunday, you will receive an email with the map link shortly after 1630 on the Saturday.
Code of Conduct
Please make sure you have read and comply with the Participant Code Of Conduct and Parent Code Of Conduct.
We cater from beginners through to a good club standard. We call the courses Hare, Squirrel, Badger and Fox and these offer a clear progression in the difficulty level. The Fox course incorporates adult training exercises.
- Entry - £1 per person
- Dibber hire - Free (but if lost you would be liable for the replacement cost of £30)
Please consider buying a pack of pre-entry credits in advance. This costs you the same but saves the club a lot in credit card fees.
Registration & Start Times
Saturday 1400-1500: pre-enter by 5 November or enter at the event
Sunday: pre-enter by 1600 on 6 November
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Alasdair Shaw
Controller: J & R Craddock
Organisers: J & R Craddock