Tue 28 Dec
Level of event:
Type of event:
Race, Score, Social
After COVID took it’s toll, we were down to 23 competitors, three of those from Scotland!
Despite the muddy conditions (apologies to Broomfield Hall for spoiling their excellent parking field) 8 teams competed for the best score on three courses. Two of these were map memory with different numbers of controls for the Seniors and Intermediates. Congratulations to Sarah Hasler, Jim Mallinson, and Robin Carter (DEVON)
Many thanks to Santa (aka Thomas Hasler) who planned, hung all the controls, and briefed the teams before the mass start. Andy Rimes who set up (and tweeked) the scores to give us worthy winners and to the ladies who served us mulled wine, mince/apple pies and soft drinks while the volunteers collected in the controls.
We all enjoyed a day out in the open air – it even stopped raining!
Raw Results from SItiming
Notes regarding the results
- A 45-minute team score course using map memory, teams to be assigned from the pre-entries and assigned a club SI dibber.
- Arrive by 10.30am for an 11.00am mass start. Please wear masks until run starts.
- Mulled wine/soft drinks/mince pies afterwards on the veranda of the Hall.
- Toilets available inside.
We are conscious of a potential heightened alert after Christmas because of concerns about COVID, so please help us to keep you safe by conforming to the following requests:
- Do NOT COME if you have or have been in contact with anyone who has COVID symptoms. Entry fees will be refunded in full.
- Please arrive between 10.00 and 10.30am at the parking field behind Broomfield Hall. Drive past the Hall and the entrance to the field is around the corner on the left
- Wait in your car. One of us will give a team pack to the senior member of each team. It will contain a list of teams, 3 dibbers, a sealed junior map and any last-minute instructions.
- We will try to keep family members in a team, but where appropriate we will create balanced teams mixing family groups.
- A horn will sound 5 mins before the start (approx. 10.55am). Leave your car and join the members of your team and issue the CORRECT dibbers and the junior map.
- At 11.00am (or soon after!) the horn will sound again for the start. The three courses are 45min score courses with the start/master maps (Senior/Intermediate) through the gate from the field.
- Senior master maps will be to the right, Intermediate maps will be to the left. Both maps can be revisited as many times as required! The Senior course will have another master map available at the Eastern end of their map(#134), the Intermediate course will have a second master map available as shown on their first map.
- The value of the controls are 101-116 (10pts), 121-125 (20pts), 130-139 (30 pts).
- Penalties for late return – 10pt per min or part of minute.
- Bonus for early return after completing course – 10pt per min or part of minute.
- At the finish, please download as quickly and safely as possible and collect a drink and mince pie. We will be outside the Hall (under cover) and toilets are available.
Merry Christmas to you all and here’s hoping for a ‘normal’ 2022!
Tom Hasler, Judy and Roger Craddock
Pre Event Info
Directions / Parking
Parking at back of the Broomfield Hall or on the road if the field is too wet.
|Family (children U16)||£10|
Use the link below to enter all the participants.
To make use of the family rate, email president@ with the names of everyone in your family group after completing the entry and we will refund the difference on the day.
Entries close 2359 Boxing Day.
Registration & Start Times
11am mass start
Assembly, registration, introduction and start behind Broomfield Hall.
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Tom Hasler
Organisers: J and R Craddock