First Aid course
at club night
Craig Sutton gave 15 club members an interesting and entertaining evening introducing aspects of First Aid appropriate for orienteers on Thursday.
NEW: Cardi-O - article by Peter Hambleton of Sarum OC on being heart-aware
Craig (of Somerset Training) was able to bring his "real life" experience as a paramedic to the session, on 6 December.
What was covered:
- Assess an incident
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Manage injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Manage a casualty with a head injury
All delegates received a certificate and a manual.
click/tap photos for a larger version